8.25.2011

Widmer Brothers Citra Blonde Summer Brew

Widmer Citra Blonde

Widmer Brothers Citra Blonde Summer Brew from Portland based brewer Widmer Brothers, one of Portland's first craft breweries.

When we were up in the NorthWest, I was trying as many different beers that I could, since most of my choices aren't available back in Ohio. Widmer Brothers offers a 12 pack sampler with 4 different beers to try, so that makes buying at the beer store much easier (and cheaper!).

This was very similar to Bell's Oberon. Slight cloudy appearance with some off white lace. Smells of citrus (duh!), grainy/grassy, you can very much smell that this is a smooth light summer beer.

Very smooth, crisp, citrusy and session-able. Not much bitterness though, which was a surprise because of the overwhelming citrus smell. Completely what I was looking for on a nice warm summer evening. By this time I was sick of pale ale's and this thing really hit the spot.

Now, every time I sit down to write or think about our amazing vacation, I get a little bit sad that I can't experience some of these great beers all year round. But, I think it makes me appreciate them that much more. We will be back to the great state of Oregon someday, but until then, I can hope that some of these beers will find there way into Ohio.

Happy Drinking!

Who: Cathy
Where: Lake Quinault, WA (home to the Roosevelt Elk!)
Price: $$
Score: 4 / 5

No comments: