3.04.2008

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA



Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

This is the beer that Dogfish head is know for, and in my opinion, one of the better IPA's available (unless you ask Cathy). This was one of the first craft brews I got hooked on, and at the time, it really opened up my eyes to what a good beer can and should taste like.

To start it has a very nice orange/amber color which coincides with the citrus flavor. For an IPA it has a rather light bitterness which makes this beer very enjoyable and easy to drink. It also has a pretty nice hoppy finish and if you look closely you can see all the hops on the label.

I honestly was very surprised when I saw the beer on Arthur's menu, and after I saw that on the list, I looked no further. When we lived in Hyde Park and were frequenting the café often, the only beers you could get in bottles were Bud, Miller, Coors and Sierra. Maybe they have a beer geek doing the purchasing these days.

Happy Drinking!

Who: Cathy and Ang
Where: Arthurs
Price: $
Score: 4/5

1 comment:

Lee said...

If you like the 60, shell out a little more money and try the 90-minute. It's even better. (Designate a driver, though — it's also considerably stronger.)