3.03.2008

Santa's Butt - Winter Porter



Santa's Butt Winter Porter.

I had been waiting for the right time to try the last of my Christmas/Winter seasonal beers. Santa's Butt was a Christmas present from Thad and ended up being a pretty nice present.

One very noticeable thing right away is the fun name and label for the brew. Santa's Butt has a double meaning, the first is obvious, the second is that "butt" is also for the 126-gallon beer barrel Santa is sitting on.

I rather enjoyed this porter (one of my favorite styles of beer). First things I noticed with the pour was the beautiful dark brown color and the sweet chocolate aroma. The sweet chocolaty flavor was in the forefront and reminded me a little of getting a chocolate soda at the local ice cream shoppe. What surprised me was it didn't have that typical "spice" that is in the winter ales. I was dissapointed in the head on top, it wasn't that soft creamy head that I expected. But overall I will rate this beer very highly and can't wait until next Winter when it will be available again.

Who: Cathy
Where: Home
Price: Gift
Score: 4 / 5

No comments: