2.27.2008

Chrisitan Moerlein - Over-the-Rhine Ale



Cincinnati based brewer Christian Moerlein's Over-the-Rhine Ale. Named after the downtown neighborhood where all of the old breweries used to be. The Moerlein offices are still located there. They were the top brewer in Cincinnati's beer heyday's along with: Hudepohl Brewery, Red Top Brewing Company, the Bavarian Brewing Company, and Burger Brewing Company.

I bought this beer over the weekend as part of my world of beers tour at Allyn's Cafe. I wasn't overly impressed with the Ale. It does have a nice copper color, but I didn't care for the citrus flavor, it almost overwhelmed me. I prefer my cooper ales to be a lot smoother and not nearly as bitter. My friend Bill said he liked it and if he were out at the store, would consider buying a 6 pack. I'm glad I tried it at the bar where I only had to drink 1, because I just wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends. In contrast to the Mt. Carmel Copper Ale (another Cincinnati beer), it just doesn't stand up.

Who: Billy, Emily, Cathy
Where: Allyn's Cafe
Price: $
Score: 1 / 5

No comments: