4.28.2008

Stone IPA



Stone IPA - Escondido, CA

A true IPA if I have ever tasted one. This is a full blast of hops from beginning to end. If you aren't into bitter beer, then this is not the beer for you.

Stone IPA pours a nice deep golden amber/copper color. You can smell the hops from the very beginning a very light amount of malt helps smooth the beer out. There is a lot of hops smell and taste but somehow it isn't that overpowering. They have done a tremendous job in capturing what an IPA should taste like. Hop heads all around will enjoy this beer. It has a pretty high ABV (almost 7), so I wouldn't recommend having more than 2, unless you feel like getting pretty crazy.

Overall it was great to re-discover this IPA. I was worried because Stone is usually so over the top with there beers they are hard to enjoy (Arrogent Bastard comes to mind. This is probably one of the better IPA's out there. I will rank it highly in my list.

Who: Bill
Where: the deck
Price: $$$
Score: 4 / 5

Happy Drinking!

2 comments:

Dave said...

If ever there was an IPA I'd want to try it would be this one. I'll definitely pick this one up soon. I've had Stone's Arrogant Bastard and that one was over the top. Just recently tried their Imperial Russian Stout and that started out intense but got much better by the end of the bottle.

Matt said...

I JUST BOUGHT ONE OF THESE! You beat me, dude!