9.24.2008

Breckenridge Autumn Ale



To me, this was your typical Fall seasonal brew. Dark brown color with a sweet toasty caramel smell.

Breckenridge Autumn Ale tasted about like what it smells like. Toasty, nutty, caramel taste with a slight bitterness at the end. Has a nice smooth malt and hops combo, not too sweet not too bitter. A very drinkable beer but nothing to distinguish itself from the others in this category. Breckenridge puts it into the Oktoberfest category, but it is way to sweet if you ask me. Because of how sweet it was, this is very surpising, but some reason I really liked this beer and would try it again.

Who: the Zlatics and Gramkes
Where: Allyn's Cafe
Price: $$
Score: 4 / 5

Happy Drinking!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I've not had the opportunity to pick the Autumn Ale up yet. I'm still going through my inventory of beer from my last massive beer run and missed seeing it at the store a few weeks ago. Will have to check it out. Thanks.