6.06.2008

Bohemia Especial



Bohemia Especial - Dominican Republic

Caribbean style Pilsner. Light golden color with a small amount of white head. Very skunky smell from the beginning, but not overpowering in the taste though. Malty with a bread flavor and a very light beer with a slight bitter finish. They were stocked in the mini bar of our room every day when the maid came, so it was pretty easy to start the afternoon with one of these. Honestly it really was a typical beer from the Caribbean, no real significant difference from all of the others in Latin America/Caribbean (Corona, Caribe, Tecate, etc.)

Of the Dominican beers, I preferred this over Presidente for sure. It is worth a try if you are ever in the D.R., but not something I will be buying if I see it here.

Who: Cathy
Where: Dominican Republic
Price: Free
Score: 2 / 5

Happy Drinking!

2 comments:

Matt said...

I think this stuff is fine but I only pick it up every few months from the Super Mercado by my house.

Anonymous said...

where can i buy the bohemia cerveza? is there any place in the United States that sell it or online?