3.11.2008

Samuel Adams - Cream Stout



Samuel Adams Cream Stout.

This was in one of the Samuel Adams Winter Classics or Brewmasters 12 pack. I think there were 6 different beers in the pack but I can't remember anymore since I drank this beer before Christmas.

I do remember this being my favorite of the whole group though. I am a sucker for the stout's and porters, probably its my chocolate addiction. The beer pours a very dark brown almost black color with a nice tan head. It's not very thick when compared to other stouts, but this didn't negatively affect my experience. It has a very sweet cocoa malty aroma and tastes almost like it smells. The cream taste comes from the vanilla and sweet milk flavors.

I feel that Sam Adams has a lot of different flavors to offer and this one is one of my favorites. I'm sure that this beer doesn't get high marks from others that I think it should because it comes from the very large Sam Adams brewers. But don't let that keep you away from this very fine craft brew.

Who: Billy
Where: Home (during the Dayton vs. Louisville game -- GO FLYERS!)
Price: Free
Score: 4 / 5

Happy Drinking!

2 comments:

a beer sort of girl said...

I heart the Cream Stout too. :) Thanks for dropping me a note. Yes, I'll add you to my blogroll now. Greeting from KC to the Nati!

Matt said...

Msn I can't get into any Samuel Adams products, but I will try this.