3.25.2008

Landshark Lager



Landshark Lager from the Margaritaville Brewing Company.

Jimmy Buffett brings us this Island style lager from the songs he sings about. I would guess that this beer is best enjoyed with a big fat cheeseburger with all of the fixins and sitting on your deck or patio with a nice summer breeze blowing.

My brother brought this over to our parents house for Easter lunch since we hadn't tried it yet. It was as expected for a beer from Jimmy Buffett. Think something in between Corona and Bud Light. Now, I'm not one to put Lime in beer, but it just seemed weird that there was no lime and a hot breeze blowing in the background. This beer really made me want the warm weather and honestly I can't wait to kick back with another 6 pack on the porch this summer. It wasn't my favorite beer but once its hotter and I don't want something so bitter and filling, I'll probably grab this before Corona next time.

Who: the family
Where: Mom and Dad's house
Price: Free
Score: 3 / 5

Happy Drinking!

2 comments:

Route66 said...

I, too, had it this past holiday weekend. I had my first at a Buffett concert in Alpine Valley (Wisconsin) last year.

The beer at the concert was rather "flat" and I attributed that to it being draft and not properly connected.

To my dismay, it was flat out of the bottle. I think a Corona, Modelo, Bohemia, or even a Sol would be a better choice. You are not too far off saying it falls somewhere between a Corona and Bud Light since Budweiser actually brews the beer at it's Jacksonville plant in Florida (thus the Margaritaville Brewing Company, Jacksonville" on the label).

When I again attend a Buffett concert this summer, Landshark will be missing from my cooler. Although I may want a lighter beer, I do not want a Bud Light style with no substance.

Taste matters.

Matt said...

Someone recommended this to me and I thought the name sounded cool. I went to the store and saw 'Margaritaville' and a little sticker by a staff member that said 'tastes like Corona!' and opted out of buying it.

I told my friend who recommended it that I liked it, he is a little sensitive.