11.11.2008

Great Lakes Burning River



Great Lakes Burning River Pale Ale.

One of my all-time favorite beers gets its name from the 1969 burning of the Cuyahoga River (really it happened: Burning Cuyahoga). The label shows the Cleveland skyline with the burning Cuyahoga River running through it. A nice play on an easy target if you want to make fun of Cleveland.

I have said before that I am partial to the GLBC and almost all things Cleveland (my wife, Indians, Cavs, Cuyahoga Valley Ntl. Park, etc.), but I think that many will agree that this is a solid American Pale Ale. It was in the running for my Session #21 favorite beer but since I hadn't reviewed it yet, I didn't want to choose it.

The beer pours a light copper color with slight white head a decent lacing. Very hoppy citrus and floral smells, but not overwhelming. This medium bodied beer makes it very drinkable and has a very hoppy bitterness at the beginning. You really get to taste the malt and caramel at the end making this a very balanced APA.

I think that GLBC really comes through on this brew and if you haven't given it a try yet, I would recommend that you do.

Who: Cathy
Where: Home
Price: $$$
Score: 5 / 5

Happy Drinking!

No comments: