3.05.2008

Bells - Two Hearted Ale



Bells Two Hearted Ale.

Hailing from Kalamazoo, Michigan - Bells checks in with another fine IPA. This one very easy to recommend to anyone and can easily be drank one after another.

I didn't get a chance to pour the beer out of the bottle when I drank it (so I can't comment on the head), but I could see that it does have a nice dark orange/brown color. The beer also has a nice citrus and floral aroma which is typical of the IPA style. It does have a nice hoppiness but isn't overwhelming, this is why Cathy prefers the taste of the Two Hearted Ale over the previous IPA review (Dogfish Head 60 Min).

Maybe I'm just partial to the regional breweries (Great Lakes, Bell's, etc.), but I really haven't tasted a beer that I didn't enjoy from Bell's. I will be looking to add a few of their brews to my list after we get through the next few months before the wedding.

PS - Sorry about the image, we were inside with hardly any light and I can't use a flash or it blows out the label.

Happy Drinking!

Who: Cathy, Emily, Billy
Where: Allyn's Cafe
Price: $$
Score: 5 / 5

2 comments:

Matt said...

Personally this is one of my very favorite top 3 beers of all time. I've never had a bad one.

a beer sort of girl said...

I love Bells as well. It's a chick-friendly IPA!