11.19.2008

Founders Red's Rye



Red's Rye was my first beer from Founders Brewing. I have heard some great things about this brewery and this beer did not disappoint. What I can't get over is the creepy old man on the label. I can only assume that he is "Red" and it's almost like he is staring right into your soul.

On to the beer...

Red's Rye
was right up Cathy's alley as she loves the red/amber ales. Just the right amount of sweet malt and hops for her. I had to agree with her on this, a very nice blend that was easy to drink. Pours a very nice red color with a light tan head. Could really smell the caramel, grapefruit and malted rye. It was such a pleasing blend of the sweet caramel and bitter grapefruit. It kind of felt more like an IPA, but I think the rye malt was what distinguishes it in the end.

A top notch brew and recommended to everyone. I would love to get my hands on another 6 pack soon.

Who: Cathy
Where: Home
Price: $$$
Score: 5 / 5

Happy Drinking!

No comments: