11.25.2008

Magic Hat Odd Notion (Winter 08)

Magic Hat Odd Notion Winter


Magic Hat Brewing Company, Burlington, Vermont brews a solid winter ale with their Odd Notion (Winter '08). It was in the Feast of Fools Winter 12 pack, along with #9, Circus Boy and Roxy Rolles.

I really enjoyed this years Odd Notion beer. I believe that they brew it differently every year, which is a pretty cool idea to retire a beer every year. Last year if I remember correctly it was a darker (wheat?) beer, with some cinnamon. This year it is a lot lighter in color and is brewed with some honey flavor. It was a very light beer with a hint of orange and spice, very drinkable.

Chances are I'll probably give this another try since I will certainly buy another 12 pack before the season is up (Gotta get a few more Roxy Rolles). I wish that I could substitute out the Circus Boy because I really don't care for the Hefe's.

In the end, I was glad I had a try but won't be sad when they come up with a new recipe next year.

Who: Cathy
Where: Home
Price: $$
Score: 4 / 5

Happy Drinking!

No comments: