11.17.2008

Lagunitas Censored Ale



Lagunitas The Censored Rich Copper Ale

Another beer from the California based brewers. They claim
"This ale contains no actual copper but we're pretty literal... It looked coppery, so we lamely called it a copper ale."
Pretty funny claim, yet true none the less. I picked this one up when I made my own 6 pack at Bruisin' Ales in Asheville.

This wasn't my favorite red/amber/copper ale, but it wasn't the worst. You could smell the sweet and toasty caramel malt and maybe a bit of the hops, but it was tough to smell it over the malt. Has a "gasp" copper color...

The caramel malt hits you hard and their is a slight hop bitterness at the end. I think I got hung up on the metallic aftertaste, which kind of turned me off. I think the best part was how easy it was to drink and that isn't what I look for in a beer.

All in all, not great but not terrible. I'll probably try something else before I get this again.

Who: Cathy
Where: Home
Price: $$$
Score: 3 / 5

Happy Drinking!

No comments: