6.16.2008

Great Lakes Moondog ESB



Great Lakes Moondog Extra Special Bitter

Another fine brew from my favorite brewery. The April, May, June seasonal from Great Lakes Brewing Co. Extra Special Bitter name comes from the English meaning -- pale or translucent, as it is not all that bitter and hoppy. The name comes from the first ever rock-n-roll concert in 1952, which was held in Cleveland and was called the Moondog Coronation Ball.

Pours a nice golden orange/yellow and has a nice earthy tone with a small amount of hops at the end. A nice malty beginning and a hint of floral at the finish. Moondog is very easy to drink and I found myself drinking a couple at a time.

I would recommend this beer to anyone because of its smoothness. Another entry from GLB which I wish they brewed all year round.

Who: Cathy
Where: Deck
Price: $$
Score: 4 / 5

Happy Drinking!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Thanks for the tip, I'll blog this myself in the next few weeks!