10.09.2008

Tommyknocker Butthead Doppelbock



My parents came to visit us this past weekend and brought down a box full of new beers that I have not had before. This is beer #1 of the bunch.

Tommyknocker Butthead Doppelbock from Idaho Springs, Colorado.

Pours a very dark orange with a slight creamy/tan head. Not much lacing down the side of the glass, but what was left was expected. Not a bad tasting beer, not a great tasting beer. It was right down the middle. This doppelbock was very sweet with caramel, cocoa and maybe some molasses (which is why I will give it a 3, not a big fan of molasses).

The high ABV of a typical doppelbock gave it a big full sweet flavor. Although, it had a pretty nice hop finish which helped me get over the sweetness. Because of this, I could probably only have 1 or 2 of these.

Who: Cathy
Where: Home
Price: Free
Score: 3 / 5

Happy Drinking!

No comments: