11.07.2008

The Session #21: Favorite Beer

This is my first session post for beer blogging Friday. The 21st installment of The Session is hosted by A World of Brews. The topic chosen by Matt is "What is your favorite Beer and Why?"

This is a tough question, because I rarely ever buy the same beer over and over. When my wife and I are traveling one of my rules is to always try a beer from the region we are in, so I'm forced to try something new all of the time. That is the beauty of the craft beer world, their are so many choices and it's so hard to choose your favorite. Same goes for when we are in a bar, I never order the same beer at every bar. Most of the beers that I enjoy are not available in bars anyways.

But, since I don't like to break the rules, I'll go with Breckenridge 471 Small Batch IPA. It was the latest beer to get a 5 / 5 rating from me. Here is what I said in my review back in October
"This beer is not for those who don't like hops. It was a great combination of the malt with the double hops though. Although the bitterness and hops are in your face from the beginning, it wasn't overwhelming. The sweetness of the caramel was their at the beginning, but it isn't enough to take away from the bitter finish. The brewmaster really outdid him/herself with this beer. Even with the high ABV (9.20%) I could sit and have a handful of these.

Highly Recommended!"

I have to give a shoutout to Dave over at Musings Over a Pint and Chipper Dave at Fermentedly Challenged for alerting me to The Session. Be sure to check out A World of Brews for a summary of all of this month's Session posts.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Nice choice. I enjoyed a bottle of 471 a short time ago and liked it. While I don't like breaking the rules either, I cheated and put up a small list of some of my recent favorites. I just can't pinpoint 1 because I know it will soon change to something new.

Matt said...

I just can't get into 'the session'. Cool concept and all, the topics just never seem to be for me.