12.28.2011

Craft Beer Heaven: the Borzone III

The Borzone Flag
With the holiday season in full force, I thought I'd give a little shout out to one of my homes, away from home. My brother-in-law has one of the greatest home bars around and when we head back to Cleveland I always pop in to watch some sports on the big screen(s) and have a beer or 2.

Craft Beer!
Joe is a regular visitor to the blog checking in to see what beers I have tried and trying to find a few that I haven't to have stocked when I visit. One of our yearly traditions is the day after Thanksgiving. While most are out shopping for Black Friday deals, Joe and I sit at the bar and enjoy ourselves a long day of football and early season college hoops.

Big Screen behind bar
Joe has a great setup and can show multiple games at once. He has a huge HD screen behind the bar, a giant projection on the wall and a PC to show online games at espn3.com/BigTenNetwork/etc. He also is a collector of "mini" helmets and has the full NFL set as well as 99% of FBS college football schools. Each week he sets up the helmets based on the weekly match-ups! If you look close you can see the 2011-12 bowl match-ups.

2011-2012 bowl season
If you aren't into sports, you can walk around and check out all of the "Air Band" instruments or the home made bar top, constructed of old CD boxes from the 80's and 90's. There is even a tv in the bathroom so you don't miss a single play!

Air Band guitars
Bar top
TV in bathroom!

You can follow along with the Borzone on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/theborzone

Cheers and Happy Drinking!

No comments: